qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Unresponsive linux guest once migrated

From: Marcin Gibuła
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Unresponsive linux guest once migrated
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2014 00:29:18 +0100

W dniu 2014-03-27 23:52, Chris Dunlop pisze:
Hi,

I have a problem where I migrate a linux guest VM, and on the
receiving side the guest goes to 100% cpu as seen by the host, and
the guest itself is unresponsive, e.g. not responding to ping etc.
The only way out I've found is to destroy the guest.

This seems to only happen if the guest has been idle for an extended
period (e.g. overnight). I've migrated the guest 100 times in a row
without any problems when the guest has been used "a little" (e.g.
logging in and looking around, it's not doing anything normally).

Hi,

I've seen very similar problem on our installation. Have you tried to run with kvm-clock explicitly disabled (either via no-kvmclock in guest kernel or with -kvm-clock in qemu) ?

--
mg