qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] KVM call agenda for 2014-04-01

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] KVM call agenda for 2014-04-01
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2014 14:25:28 +0100

On 31 March 2014 14:21, Christian Borntraeger <address@hidden> wrote:
> Another thing might be the release process in general. Currently it seems
> that everybody tries to push everything just before the hard freeze.  I had
> to debug some problems introduced _after_ soft freeze. Is there some
> interest in having a Linux-like process (merge window + stabilization)? This
> would require shorter release cycles of course.

"merge window" has been suggested before. I think it would be
a terrible idea for QEMU, personally. We're not the kernel in
many ways, notably dev community size and a greater tendency
to changes that have effects across the whole tree.

Soft + hard freeze is our stabilization period currently.

thanks
-- PMM