qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] ATA timeouts on Solaris/OpenIndiana/Opensolaris

From: Sai Prajeeth
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] ATA timeouts on Solaris/OpenIndiana/Opensolaris
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2014 12:35:21 +0530

Andreas script worked for me. Thank you.
But i seem to be running into an issue with  when i set multiple cores. (-smp cores=4). Multiple CPUs works fine (-smp 4)
During boot i get these messages:

NOTICE: System detected 4 cpus, but only 1 cpu(s)  were enabled during boot
NOTICE: Use "boot-ncpus" parameter  to enable more CPU(s).See eeprom(1M)

I tried eeprom but to no avail.. It seems there is an issue in the BIOS. Have any of you encountered such an issue before?