qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [PULL for-2.0 2/7] raven: Implement non-contiguous I/O

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [PULL for-2.0 2/7] raven: Implement non-contiguous I/O region
Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2014 19:55:19 +0100

On 8 April 2014 19:39, Paolo Bonzini <address@hidden> wrote:
> So the fix could be to compile prep.c per-target (and change to
> DEVICE_NATIVE_ENDIAN too).

That seems like the wrong direction -- we should be
making fewer files per-target, not more.

>> Worse, we have two versions of the ldl_p()/stl_p() &c
>> functions with conflicting semantics!
>> cpu-all.h defines these to be "target CPU endianness".
>> bswap.h defines these to be "host CPU endianness".

> Ouch!  I have some cleanups for CPU ld/st ready for 2.1, I'll add a patch to
> rename bswap.h's definition to ldl_host_p/stl_host_p.

Richard's suggestion was to make the cpu-all.h ones
be ldl_te_p/stl_te_p, which I think I like better.
We could do both in order to enforce that we audited
everything to see which it thought it was :-)

thanks
-- PMM