qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Should we have a 2.0-rc3 ?

From: Kevin Wolf
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Should we have a 2.0-rc3 ?
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2014 13:49:37 +0200

Am 10.04.2014 um 13:17 hat Peter Maydell geschrieben:
> So far I know of at least three fixes which should probably
> go into 2.0:
>  * my fix for the configure stack-protector checks on MacOSX
>  * MST's pull request updating the ACPI test blobs
>  * MST says we need to update the hex files for ACPI too
>    (otherwise you get a different ACPI blob depending on whether
>     your build system had iasl or not, if I understand correctly)
>
> Are there any others?

I have three fixes in my queue, though none of them is bad enough
to delay the release. However, if you're going to do an -rc3 anyway,
let me know and I'll send a pull request for them.

The bugs fixed are:
* iscsi has an error path where the return value is undefined.
* The bochs block driver has a buggy input validation check that can
  cause an out-of-bounds array read with corrupt images.

> So we have two choices:
>
> (A) get those fixes into git today, and tag an rc3; that
> would then need some testing time and presumably we'd hope
> to tag it as the 2.0 release on Monday or Tuesday next week
>
> (B) say that the above are not worth fixing in 2.0 proper
> and plan to do a 2.0.1 in a few weeks with the above plus
> any other breakage that people find.
>
> Opinions?

Either way is fine with me.

Kevin