qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Replacing display contents on paused VMs causes only a shor

From: Erik Rull
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Replacing display contents on paused VMs causes only a short flicker
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2014 15:17:01 +0200 (CEST)

Hi all,

I try to replace the display content of a paused VM (to show the operator that
it is actually paused and not usable), but it causes only a short flicker on the
display instead of staying permanent.

By routing an HMP based command to console.c I want to replace the display
contents. I started very primitive by trying to connect existing parts of the
code, the final function call for the display content replacement looks like
this:

dpy_gfx_replace_surface(active_console,qemu_create_dummy_surface());

Any idea why it does not stay permanent? The VM is paused, so all hardware
update routines should have stalled.

Thanks in advance,

Best regards,

Erik