qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] qemu builds on arm hosts

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] qemu builds on arm hosts
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2014 23:25:37 +0100

On 16 April 2014 04:26, New B <address@hidden> wrote:
> I hit these errors:
>
> 1- a pragma #error induced error in tcg/aarch64/tcg-target.c stating that
> "USE_DIRECT_JUMP required for aarch64”, line 1105.
> 2- a link failure:
>   "_print_insn_i386", referenced from:
>       _disas in disas.o
> clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see
> invocation)
> make[1]: *** [qemu-system-arm] Error 1
> make: *** [subdir-arm-softmmu] Error 2
>
> I am not sure why there is a mention of “architecture x86_64” if I am
> supposed to be building for aarch64.

You've clearly managed to break your build environment
somehow (wrong arguments to configure?) because that is
trying to use the x86 linker, from the looks of things. Is this
a cross-build?

In any case, this should all work so your problems are
in your build environment or configure arguments, I think.
You might like to try one of the 2.0 release candidates,
just to check it's not something that's only wrong on the
1.7.x branch.

thanks
-- PMM