qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [GSoC] Wanted: small warmup tasks

From: Andreas Färber
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [GSoC] Wanted: small warmup tasks
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2014 14:25:20 +0200

Am 25.04.2014 11:22, schrieb Peter Crosthwaite:
> On Fri, Apr 25, 2014 at 5:55 PM, Marc Marí <address@hidden> wrote:
>> I'm now looking at the conditional fprintf's. I'll need a bit of help later
>> in sending the patches :D.

For starters, please use plain text format mails and don't top-post. :)

> CC me in on the results.

Me, too, please. If you search the archives, you will find that I
already tried this for target-* and there were a lot of discussions
surrounding DOs and DON'Ts.
https://github.com/afaerber/qemu-cpu/commits/dprintf is still in a state
I was instructed to, but that was later considered too
performance-intrusive due to variable usage.

In particular I believe we concluded that unlike Peter's pseudocode we
need separate preprocessor macro naming between how the user enables it
and how we check it inside the macro. Also macros should not end in a
semicolon.

Regards,
Andreas

P.S. "Here" probably didn't strictly mean replying to Jan's message. ;)