qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] documenting our unfinished API/style transitions

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: [Qemu-devel] documenting our unfinished API/style transitions
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2014 11:56:15 +0100

QEMU tends to have rather a lot of half-finished API or coding style
transitions, as an inevitable consequence of our having such a large
code base with wildly varying levels of maintainedness. I thought it
would be useful to at least document them on the wiki:

http://wiki.qemu.org/CodeTransitions

The aim is twofold:
 * to give people who don't spend all their time reading the mailing
   list a quick reference on what things to avoid copying when they're
   writing new code
 * to maybe embarrass ourselves into finishing a few of them :-)

I started the page off with the ones I could think of off the top
of my head; feel free to add those which I've missed.

thanks
-- PMM