qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] QEMU 2.1 release schedule?

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] QEMU 2.1 release schedule?
Date: Fri, 9 May 2014 12:50:23 +0100

On 9 May 2014 02:07, Michael Roth <address@hidden> wrote:
> Quoting Peter Maydell (2014-05-08 08:48:01)
>> Paolo suggested on IRC:
>>
>> > soft freeze mid june, hard freeze beginning of july,
>> > release end of july or beginning of august?
>>
>> Which works for me. Some concrete dates:
>>  * 17 June: softfreeze and rc0
>>    [ 2 week softfreeze period ]
>>  * 1 July: hardfreeze
>>    [ 4 week hardfreeze period, aiming for
>>      rc1, rc2, rc3 at about weekly intervals ]
>>  * 29 July: release
>>
>> Michael: does that schedule work for you, given you'd
>> be doing the tarball-rolling parts?
>
> Looks good, don't see any issues with the proposed schedule on my end.

Cool. I've put those dates up on
http://wiki.qemu.org/Planning/2.1
and created a skeleton changelog on
http://wiki.qemu.org/ChangeLog/2.1

PS: could somebody with write access to
http://wiki.qemu.org/Download
fix the 2.0 changelog link to point at ChangeLog/2.0
rather than ChangeLog/Next? The latter is now redirecting
to the 2.1 page (as it should).

thanks
-- PMM