qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] QEMU build broken

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] QEMU build broken
Date: Sat, 10 May 2014 00:35:38 +0100

On 10 May 2014 00:02, Brad Smith <address@hidden> wrote:
> On 08/05/14 10:54 AM, Peter Maydell wrote:
>> Ah, bsd-user. Do you actually use it, or is it just
>> in the default compile that you're running?

> I do not use it personally but it is common sense that commits
> must not be breaking the build.

I generally agree, but the minor ports (roughly, anything
not x86 Linux) are inevitably going to get broken from time
to time, because not everybody has access to all those
systems to test on. bsd-user is particularly bad because
it is a large chunk of code only built for BSD and it's
not really maintained right now. (Hence my interest in
whether it actually has users or if we're just carrying
around a big lump of dead weight code.)

If we had a system that automatically tested all pull
requests on a full set of build systems and mailed the
list with the results, that would be nice, but we don't...

thanks
-- PMM