qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] My OS hangup in KVM for some reasons, how can I debug?

From: Fam Zheng
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] My OS hangup in KVM for some reasons, how can I debug?
Date: Mon, 12 May 2014 10:50:54 +0800

On Thu, 05/08 16:28, Jun Koi wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have an weird OS that I am trying to boot in KVM. however, it just hang
> in the middle, without a good reason.
>
> The same OS boots fine in physical machine, and this OS comes with no
> source code.

The OS boots in one physical machine doesn't mean it has no bug, and doesn't
mean it boots on ALL physical machines. So you really have to debug to tell if
it's a bug of KVM or the OS. But you have no source code, it makes the problem
really hard to work on then.

But if you can see any error message or debug output of the guest, or any
observation that may help to provide some information.

Fam