qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] How to use qtest

From: Andreas Färber
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] How to use qtest
Date: Wed, 14 May 2014 11:05:48 +0200

Hi,

Am 14.05.2014 09:50, schrieb Gonglei (Arei):
> [...]

No, "make check V=1" shows you the progress as well. The HTML or XML
reports are only necessary for some more verbose info/warning messages
and for automated reporting purposes.

> If I want to write some qtest by myself, any guidance? Thanks.

Use out-of-tree builds. One for your regular development and testing,
one for gcov coverage testing. The latter (--enable-gcov) will dump
statistics about test coverage and allow you to verify you got the paths
for new tests right (it's not the source code paths but the paths to the
.o files actually, with target-i386 as placeholder for target-*).

There's a lot of stubs that I've been adding recently that you can copy
(see git history for how to add them to Makefile); for functional tests
see libqtest.h and the libqos/ subdirectory and grep for existing tests
that use those functions. More concrete questions will be easier to
answer. :)

Thanks in advance for your efforts!

Best regards,

Andreas