qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] vnc or spice which one is better

From: Eric Blake
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] vnc or spice which one is better
Date: Wed, 14 May 2014 12:32:17 -0600

On 05/14/2014 12:17 PM, Kekane, Abhishek wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Just wondering which graphics device is better between vnc and spice in terms
> of features and performance and why?

I'm hoping others can chime in with better details; but from my
perspective, spice allows copy-and-paste between host and guest, and
support for audio alongside video, while vnc does not.  Spice also has
better encryption, a notion of separation of channels (where you can
choose which pieces are sent encrypted), and was designed from the
ground up to minimize bandwidth as well as to reduce work when nothing
is on the other end of the connection.