qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [PULL 00/15] KVM patches for 2014-05-13

From: Andreas Färber
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [PULL 00/15] KVM patches for 2014-05-13
Date: Thu, 15 May 2014 18:54:46 +0200

Am 13.05.2014 14:57, schrieb Paolo Bonzini:
> Paolo Bonzini (7):
>       kvm: reset state from the CPU's reset method
>       kvm: forward INIT signals coming from the chipset
>       target-i386: fix set of registers zeroed on reset
>       target-i386: preserve FPU and MSR state on INIT
>       apic: do not accept SIPI on the bootstrap processor
>       cpu: make CPU_INTERRUPT_RESET available on all targets
>       pc: port 92 reset requires a low->high transition

You forgot to fill in my Rbs, and somehow the Cc:s were not processed to
detect this earlier.

Also to me a generic cpu_soft_reset() contradicts Peter confirming that
doing this in a specific qemu_irq based way is desired? If the PC is
going to implement the qemu_irq triggered logic, then CPU_FOREACH() can
be done in PC code, and no generalization of interrupt names is needed.
Or do you have any non-x86 work cooking as well?

Regards,
Andreas