qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] target-sparc has inverse cwp logic for SAVE/RESTORE?

From: Mark Cave-Ayland
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] target-sparc has inverse cwp logic for SAVE/RESTORE?
Date: Mon, 19 May 2014 11:56:15 +0100

On 18/05/14 17:06, Olivier Danet wrote:

The problem may be related to the fact that the 32bits SPARCv8 and 64bits
SPARCv9 work in opposite directions !

SparcV9 standard, page 360/399 :
The SPARC-V9 CWP register is incremented during a SAVE instruction and
decremented during
a RESTORE instruction. Although this is the opposite of PSR.CWP’s behavior in
SPARC-V8, the
only software it should affect is a few trap handlers that operate in
privileged mode, and that must
be rewritten for SPARC-V9 anyway. This change will have no effect on
nonprivileged software.

Ah I wonder if that could be it? I did try swapping the increment/decrement operators around in the helpers, however OpenBIOS crashed fairly early on so it's obviously not as simple as that. I suspect that because a lot of the code is shared been v8/v9 then there are some other assumptions that would need to be corrected for this to work :/

ATB,

Mark.