qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] patch: add delay=<msecs> suboption to -display curses

From: Dave Mielke
Subject: [Qemu-devel] patch: add delay=<msecs> suboption to -display curses
Date: Sat, 24 May 2014 19:29:50 -0400

The attached patch (qemu-curses-delay-1.patch) allows the user to specify that
he needs -display curses to insert a delay in between key events. The current
behaviour is that it inserts key events immediately, one right after another,
which has proven to be too fast for some applications. Please let me know if
there are any improvements you'd like me to make to this patch, with the goal
that I'm hoping you'll accept it. A more detailed description of this patch is
as follows:

Add support for the "-display curses" option to accept suboptions (-display
curses[,option...), and add the "delay=<msecs>" suboption. This suboption
causes a millisecond-based delay to be inserted in between key events so that
they won't be inserted immediately one after another. The delay is performed
using a qemu virtual clock timer. If the "delay" option isn't specified, or if
"delay=0" is specified, then the timer isn't used, thus making the default be
the original behaviour. The "=<msecs>" operand is optional - if it isn't
specified then 20 is assumed.

EMail: address@hidden | Canada  K2A 1H7   | http://FamilyRadio.com/