qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [qom/qom-cpu PATCH] i386: invtsc migration blocker is r

From: Marcelo Tosatti
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [qom/qom-cpu PATCH] i386: invtsc migration blocker is redudant
Date: Tue, 27 May 2014 22:51:28 -0300

On Tue, May 27, 2014 at 12:55:01PM -0300, Eduardo Habkost wrote:
> On Tue, May 27, 2014 at 11:39:20AM -0300, Marcelo Tosatti wrote:
> >
> > Migration blocker is redudant: blocking savevm is sufficient.
> >

> Removing the redundancy looks welcome, but at the same time the
> migrate_add_blocker() call ensured we had a clearer error message (I
> mean: if we did mention invtsc in the error message, which we still
> don't, but should).

Agree the error message should provide further information.

For savevm its not possible, without further changes, to
improve error message.

Do you want to maintain migration blocker to provide
the additional "blocked by invtsc feature of CPU device"
or do you want to remove migration blocker and have
"blocked by CPU device" ?