qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] 答复: Expansion Ratio Issue

From: Chaos Shu
Subject: [Qemu-devel] 答复: Expansion Ratio Issue
Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2014 09:04:21 +0800

Hi

I'm running SPEC CPU2006 on three kinds of situation, native aarch64 binary and
emulator x86_64 system running SPEC CPU2006 and linux user mode level running
x86_64 SPEC CPU2006 binary.

To find where the performance lose, translator ? or execution of instruction
after TCG? Or something else

I guess most of  time, up to 90% should be spent on exec the instruction of
TCG, does that mean the quality of translating lead to the performance lost
directly ?

Thanks
Chaos

On 29.05.2014 13:04, Peter Maydell wrote:
> No, we don't in general have any benchmarking of TCG codegen. I think
> if we did do benchmarking we'd be interested in performance
> benchmarking -- code expansion ratio doesn't seem like a very
> interesting thing to measure to me.

Hi,

I have a plan to play with TCG performance benchmarking. And then try to
implement some optimizations. So maybe there would be some suggestions on how
to perform such benchmarking? What tests seems to be appropriate for this task?
I think the benchmarking should reflect real TCG use cases. So what the most
typical use cases for TCG are there? Seems that system and user modes may be
different from this point.

Appreciate any help.

Thanks,
Sergey.