qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] active block commit bug?

From: Markus Armbruster
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] active block commit bug?
Date: Thu, 05 Jun 2014 11:21:26 +0200

Kevin Wolf <address@hidden> writes:

> Am 05.06.2014 um 09:06 hat Markus Armbruster geschrieben:
>> Eric Blake <address@hidden> writes:

>> > Thanks.

>> > Introspection already missed qemu 2.0 when active commit was added; and
>> > we're close enough to soft freeze for 2.1 that I'm guessing it will miss
>> > 2.1 as well :(
>>
>> Almost certainly.  It has non-trivial design issues.  To have a chance
>> to make it into 2.x, it needs to be posted for review early in the 2.x
>> cycle.
>
> Why is nobody discussing these non-trivial design issues then? Patches
> have been posted even in a 1.x development phase, so that's not what is
> blocking us. If anything, it's the missing discussion.

If I remember correctly, review of the patches made us realize
introspection is more complex than initially thought.  We discussed a
proper solution at some length, but concluded implementing it in time
for 2.0 was not in the cards (we were running close to the hard freeze
already).  Unfortunately, nobody has stepped up to implement it in time
for 2.1 either.

To make further progress, we need a sucker^Wvolunteer pushing the
feature.