qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] [Question] Qemu Register Mapping Directly in AARCH64

From: Chaos Shu
Subject: [Qemu-devel] [Question] Qemu Register Mapping Directly in AARCH64
Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2014 13:59:14 +0800

Hi all

I’ve noticed that Qemu maintained the target arch register in memory for capacity, but the load/store really cost a bit much, is there any way map the register directly.

For example, in x86 to aarch64, x86 uses 8 registers mostly such eax ebx ecx and so on, and aarch64 arch got 31 general registers, is there any method try to map eax ebx directly to aarch64 hardware registers? As far as I know, may we need reserve those hardware registers in aarch64’s compilers and in Qemu we use hardware registers to instead of memory value.

Anybody got any infos about those? Thanks.

Thanks

Chaos