qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Question about how to distinguish a usb device in usb p

From: Gonglei (Arei)
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Question about how to distinguish a usb device in usb pass-through feature
Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2014 07:55:09 +0000

Hi,

Qemu has supported 3rd method for USB passthrough except two ways that you have pointed:

hostbus+hostport -- match for a specific physical port in the

host, any device which is plugged in there gets passed to the guest.

The method can resolve your all problems.

AFAICT, libvirt do not support this way at present. Any Plan?

CC’ing libvirt developer  mailist.

Best regards,

-Gonglei