qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Parallel thread execution on QEMU

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Parallel thread execution on QEMU
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2014 14:21:04 +0100

On 13 June 2014 13:49, kostas kotzak <address@hidden> wrote:
> It seems that COREMU multi-thread approach is very simple and effective. Is
> there a reason that QEMU org does not adopt any of these solutions? At least
> for the two most popular architectures x86 and ARM?

The short answer is "because there's a big difference between
'a research project that aims to show feasibility and run some
benchmarks' and 'a portable and robust product-quality implementation
that we could maintain and release'". So far nobody has shown
much interest in working on the latter.

thanks
-- PMM