qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Why does qemu not support qemu-system-armeb?

From: Paolo Bonzini
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Why does qemu not support qemu-system-armeb?
Date: Sun, 15 Jun 2014 15:58:53 +0200

Il 15/06/2014 11:08, Peter Maydell ha scritto:
On 14 June 2014 14:49, Ljun <address@hidden> wrote:
Hello everyone,I am working on big endian for arm.I change the qemu
configure and create a qemu-system-armeb,but I want to know qemu whether
support armeb-softmmu.

The answer to "why is there no qemu-system-armeb" is in two parts:

(1) We don't support big-endian system emulation. There would need
to be work done to implement this beyond just enabling an extra
configuration.

(2) If we did support big-endian system emulation, the right way
to implement this would be to keep it in qemu-system-arm, and
just have the CPU support the various control bits (SCTLR.B,
SCTLR.EE, CPSR.E, etc).

Also, I have redone my setend patches to support SCTLR.B too, but I have yet to submit them. I have no idea how to test them. :)

Paolo