qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [PULL 011/103] pc-dimm: do not allow to set already use

From: Michael S. Tsirkin
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [PULL 011/103] pc-dimm: do not allow to set already used memdev
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2014 22:49:53 +0300

On Tue, Jun 17, 2014 at 07:45:10PM +0100, Peter Maydell wrote:
> On 17 June 2014 19:39, Eric Blake <address@hidden> wrote:
> > On 06/17/2014 11:36 AM, Michael S. Tsirkin wrote:
> >> From: Igor Mammedov <address@hidden>
> >>
> >> using the same memdev backend more than once will cause
> >> assersion at MemoryRegion mapping time becase it's already
> >
> > s/assersion/assertion/; s/becase/because/
> > (but probably too late now that this is a pull request)
>
> Incidentally, if anybody notices something that should
> mean a pull request ought not to be applied, they need
> to send an email which is a followup to the cover letter.
> Otherwise there's no guarantee I'll notice it when I'm
> processing the pullreq.
>
> thanks
> -- PMM

Right. Though that's kind of creating the wrong
incentive for people - why bother reviewing
patches on list, I can check what's being pulled ;)

So note it needs to be something very serious,
like a crash for most users on a major platform.
Issues that affect minority of users, warnings,
error handling errors can be fixed in follow up patches.

And sending Acks in response to the pull request
is definitely not helpful :)

--
MST