qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Live Migration with different block devices

From: Paolo Bonzini
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Live Migration with different block devices
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2014 22:47:09 +0200

Il 24/06/2014 22:41, Eric Blake ha scritto:

> I am trying to do migration with two different block devices in the source
> and destination hosts.  For example, in the source the data in /dev/vda
> are  'aaaaa'. The guest has a cache. These data are cached.  In the other
> host, the data in this device are 'bbbbb'.   If we do migration, I want
> the  guest vm recognize this change.  How does qemu deal with the cache
> data?  Thanks.
If you want the guest to see different disk contents, then hotunplug the
original and hotplug in the new disk.  Migration is NOT supposed to
change disk contents.  Your problem is independent of migration.

Or if you really do not want to do that, all access to the disk has to be done with O_DIRECT in the guest.

Paolo