qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] qemu-bridge-helper issue

From: sonia verma
Subject: [Qemu-devel] qemu-bridge-helper issue
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2014 16:24:14 +0530

Hi

I'm able to run the below command using root permission....

 sudo kvm -netdev bridge,br=qbr0ccdca50-fa,id=hostnet -M ppce500
Warning: netdev hostnet has no peer
Could not initialize SDL(No available video device) - exiting

However when I'm running the same command without root authority,I'm getting following logs...

 kvm -netdev bridge,br=qbr0ccdca50-fa,id=hostnet -M ppce500
failed to create tun device: Operation not permitted
failed to launch bridge helper
kvm: -netdev bridge,br=qbr0ccdca50-fa,id=hostnet: Device 'bridge' could not be initialized

I need to run the above command without root authority.Please help regarding this.

Thanks
Sonia