qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] QApi: Java interface

From: Shevek
Subject: [Qemu-devel] QApi: Java interface
Date: Sun, 29 Jun 2014 17:35:15 -0700

Hi,

I have written a Java code generator to allow a Java control process to interface with the QApi subsystem. The code is autogenerated from the JSON schema, and imposes as much strict typing as is possible. It can easily be regenerated from any branch or directory if you want to test against a development version of QApi.

The code is available here:

https://github.com/shevek/qemu-qapi-java

I would be interested in offering this to the community, and in hearing any feedback.

Feedback to QApi developers: The QApi specification uses a lot of oddities, including "**" as a type, various odd things like "number" (I forget offhand), and using Java/C reserved words as key names, which make it a little harder to do an elegant code generation job from the QApi schema. However, inelegance permitted, here it is.

Thank you.

S.