qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC 00/14] VGA cleanups and endian control

From: Benjamin Herrenschmidt
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC 00/14] VGA cleanups and endian control
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2014 22:36:47 +1000

On Mon, 2014-06-30 at 13:50 +0200, Gerd Hoffmann wrote:
> On Di, 2014-06-24 at 09:10 +1000, Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:
> > This series cleans up VGA and a bit of cirrus to remove all
> > the now unused conversions to non-32bpp surfaces. Then the last
> > two patches add a proposed variant of the endian control register
> > and the (still somewhat controversial) trick to auto-switch VGA
> > endian on powerpc SPAPR platforms.
> >
> > They apply on top of Gerd pixel format series
>
> Looks good overall.  I'll go test this when I find time, after flushing
> my email backlog ...

Thanks. The main issues I know of at this point are the HW cursor vs.
cirrus and the lack of response from the Bochs guys...

I'll respin based on your other comments some time this or next week,
let me know if there's any other low hanging fruit in that area that I
can take care of while I'm at it.

Cheers,
Ben.