qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] AHCI / Sata port initial error status

From: John Snow
Subject: [Qemu-devel] AHCI / Sata port initial error status
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2014 15:14:31 -0400

I am in the process of writing a series of AHCI tests (for q35) that compare the written specifications against what the current device emulation actually does, and I was curious about this bit instead of ahci.c, in ahci_reset_port:

ide_state->error = 1;

What does this error signify, exactly, and why is it set by default on ports with a device attached? It trickles up inside of the PxTFD.ERR byte in the HBA as well as showing up in the initial Register D2H FIS after the PxCMD.FRE bit is set.

Thank you,
--John.