qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] VM id

From: Eric Blake
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] VM id
Date: Wed, 02 Jul 2014 18:46:09 -0600

On 07/02/2014 06:29 PM, Gary Jordan wrote:

[please don't top-post on technical lists]

> If I open two session in a migration operation, how does the qemu know
> which one should be accepted? I saw there was a ram_list to check, but no
> id of the guest.

I suggest using higher level software, like libvirt, to manage your
migrations.  The recipient qemu must have the same command line setup as
the sending side, and it is up to you (or your management app) to make
sure you are connecting to the correct port.  As I said before, qemu is
only concerned about a single guest, so as soon as you are involving
multiple qemu processes, you need a higher level application to keep
things straight.