qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] bootindex dropped from -device virtio-blk, ? output, upsets

From: Cole Robinson
Subject: [Qemu-devel] bootindex dropped from -device virtio-blk, ? output, upsets libvirt
Date: Fri, 04 Jul 2014 14:47:41 -0400

Hi all,

qemu-2.1-rc0 upsets some of libvirt's qemu feature introspection, the example
I hit is with bootindex support. qemu -device virtio-blk,? no longer lists the
bootindex= property, so libvirt thinks that qemu doesn't support it, and fails
to launch a VM with per-device boot order configuration.

The qemu culprit is:

commit caffdac363801cd2cf2bf01ad013a8c1e1e43800