qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC] qemu VGA endian swap low level drawing changes

From: Benjamin Herrenschmidt
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC] qemu VGA endian swap low level drawing changes
Date: Sun, 06 Jul 2014 18:15:12 +1000

On Sun, 2014-07-06 at 17:22 +1000, Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:

>  - With SDL, the screen colors are all wrong :-) It looks like a
> component is partially missing. Not sure what's up there, again,
> something else to debug. Everything has a blue tint (this is full emu on
> x86_64 host).

That one is a typo in your "add qemu_pixelformat_from_pixman" that
you appear to have already fixed in your console-wip branch, so I'll
rebase my work on top of that (oh well, debugging it taught me a few
things ...).

One thing that I do worry a bit about is that by extending the cases
for shared pixmaps to 15 and 24bpp, I broke SDL since at least the
sdl2 code seems to only know about 16 (5:6:5) and 32 (8:8:8:8).

I'll probably have to fix these too (or bring back shadow pixmaps
for those formats which would be sad).

Cheers,
Ben.