qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC] qemu VGA endian swap low level drawing changes

From: Gerd Hoffmann
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC] qemu VGA endian swap low level drawing changes
Date: Mon, 07 Jul 2014 11:38:16 +0200

On So, 2014-07-06 at 17:22 +1000, Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:
> On Sun, 2014-07-06 at 17:05 +1000, Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:
> > On Sun, 2014-07-06 at 16:46 +1000, Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:
> > > At this point, I"m tempted to just revert that commit. What do you
> > > think Gerd ?
> >
> > I mean that hunk of the commit... I missed that the commit itself
> > added a whole lot more bound checking.
>
> So we have an number of other problems :-)

[ list snipped ]

Nobody really uses host cursor and relative mouse mode together today.

UIs basically assume that the guest will render the mouse pointer when
in relative mouse mode, because that is what qxl is doing.  virtio-gpu
(not upstream) has simliar issues in relative mouse mode.

I will go look into these, but I suspect it will take quite some time to
sort as it involves quite some testing will all the UIs we have.

I think the best short-term solution for cirrus is to simply keep the
existing hwcursor emulation code and force shadow mode when the guest
enables the hwcursor.

cheers,
  Gerd