qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [PULL 03/18] target-alpha: Store IOV exception in fp_st

From: Richard Henderson
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [PULL 03/18] target-alpha: Store IOV exception in fp_status
Date: Wed, 09 Jul 2014 09:48:13 -0700

On 07/09/2014 09:28 AM, Peter Maydell wrote:
> I don't think we should use softfloat flag bits for keeping
> information which isn't about softfloat's status. Why can't
> you just put this in the per-CPU state?

It is (mostly) being stored in per-CPU state.  But for efficiency, the per-CPU
state is in the softfloat format.

For this new bit, I'd prefer to not require a second load to examine the
exception flags for the insn.  And while I could privately define a symbol for
the unused bit in the existing softfloat status, that seemed more hazardous
than just defining the bit in the global softfloat enumeration.

r~