qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] live migration + licensing issue.

From: Anshul Makkar
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] live migration + licensing issue.
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2014 12:12:37 +0200

Yeah, but I think if we have to take advantage of live vertical
scaling (memory hotplug, memory hotunplug, cpu hotplug) then we need
to upgrade to pc model 1.2.

pc model 1.0 will be incompatible with qemu 2.0 wrt. LVS feature as
the bus architecture and the way how dimms are handled has changed
from pc model 1.0 in qemu 1.0 to pc model 2.0 (pc-i440fx-2.1) to qemu
2.0.

Yeah, true, if we have to avoid the licensing issue then we have to
use same PC model.

Anshul Makkar