qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] status for rc3/release

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: [Qemu-devel] status for rc3/release
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2014 10:45:31 +0100

So we just released rc2. The proposed schedule has
rc3 next Tuesday, with final release the Tuesday after.

My thought is that we should aim for rc3 to add only
a fairly small number of focussed and "safe" bugfixes,
with the intention of making the final release be the
same as rc3 if no showstopper bugs are discovered.
If there are any showstoppers in rc3 we have a week
to fix them and roll and test an rc4.

Does it seem to other people like we're on track for that?
I don't do the level of testing that I think Anthony had
access to, so I'm reliant on those of you doing testing
of the rc tarballs to report problems...

thanks
-- PMM