qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] status for rc3/release

From: Dr. David Alan Gilbert
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] status for rc3/release
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2014 20:22:04 +0100

* Peter Maydell (address@hidden) wrote:
> So we just released rc2. The proposed schedule has
> rc3 next Tuesday, with final release the Tuesday after.
>
> My thought is that we should aim for rc3 to add only
> a fairly small number of focussed and "safe" bugfixes,
> with the intention of making the final release be the
> same as rc3 if no showstopper bugs are discovered.
> If there are any showstoppers in rc3 we have a week
> to fix them and roll and test an rc4.
>
> Does it seem to other people like we're on track for that?
> I don't do the level of testing that I think Anthony had
> access to, so I'm reliant on those of you doing testing
> of the rc tarballs to report problems...

There's something going on with migration; although we're
passing virt-test and my tests with google stress app test,
the thread on virtio-blk failures is one bad thing, and I've
got another failure case (possibly ide cdrom but not obvious)
that seems to be new somewhere between 2.0 and 2.1-rc0.

Dave