qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] anyway to boot from backing file virtual disk after del

From: Yuanzhen Gu
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] anyway to boot from backing file virtual disk after delete snapshot?
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2014 17:46:27 -0400

yes, I found the way, we can reboot from original virtual disk via pick boot from existing disk img.

Best,
Yuanzhen

On Thu, Jul 17, 2014 at 5:31 PM, Eric Blake <address@hidden> wrote:
On 07/17/2014 03:15 PM, Yuanzhen Gu wrote:
> Hello there,
>
> I take external disk-only snapshot, but deleted the snapshot by mistaken.
> Is there anyway to reboot the system from backing file instead of
> reinstalled the system again? thanks!

Are you using libvirt? If so, this question is better asked on
address@hidden; but the short answer is modify your domain XML
to point to the backing file names, then reboot.  If not, then modify
your qemu command line to point to the backing files.

--
Eric Blake   eblake redhat com    +1-919-301-3266