qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Peripheral timer, ptimer and stm32

From: Andrew Hankins
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Peripheral timer, ptimer and stm32
Date: Sun, 20 Jul 2014 08:22:18 +1000

Hi all,

First post on the mailing list.

I'm working on a branch of qemu which includes support STM32 chipset and I'm current adding support for a peripheral timers.
I'm trying to re-use the general purpose ptimer but I'm having a couple of issues with the bottom-half callback.
I was expecting that the BH call back would be called within the same vm_time 'tick' as when it was raised - but I've observed that some vm_time passes between the scheduling of the bh call and the actual call occurring, which makes the timer inaccurate. Is this to be expected? Is there something I can do to have the bh callback be scheduled immediately? Do I have to rewrite the ptimer myself to get that functionality?

Also I'm interested in contributing the STM32 implementation upstream - is this something that the qemu project is interested in?

Cheers,
Andrew