qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [questions] about qemu log

From: Zhang Haoyu
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [questions] about qemu log
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2014 19:07:15 +0800

>> Hi, all
>>
>> If I use qemu command directly to run vm, bypass libvirt, how to configure
>> qemu to assure that each vm has its own log file, like vmname.log?
>> For example, VM: rhel7-net has its own log file, rhel7-net.log,
>> VM:rhel7-stor has its own log file, rhel7-stor.log.
>
>-D /path/to/unique/file/name.log

-D option is to configure qemu_logfile for the output logs which are controlled
by qmp command "logfile", which can be enabled/disabled on run time.

I want to configure the log file for the output of fprintf(stderr, fmt, ...),
.etc,
i.e., how to redirect the output of fprintf(stderr, fmt, ...), or some other
log-interface to a specified file?

I saw the configuration in qemuStateInitialize(), libvirt code, but now I run
the vm directly through qemu command, bypass libvirt.

Thanks,
Zhang Haoyu