qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] [qemu-devel] Is sse2 implemented with host hardware support

From: 邓尧
Subject: [Qemu-devel] [qemu-devel] Is sse2 implemented with host hardware support ?
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2014 11:09:09 +0800

Hello,

I need to optimize a Linux program running under qemu-system-i386. qemu is compiled with KVM support. File /proc/cpuinfo in the guest shows that SSE2 is supported.
If SSE2 is backed with host hardware, using SSE2 may improve my program's performance significantly. The host is x86_64 Linux.
My question is: whether sse2 is backed with host hardware ? If it is, how much overhead does an SSE2 instruction have ? (comparing with an SSE2 instruction on the host)

Thanks
Yao