qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [PULL for-2.1 0/3] Last minute patches

From: Juan Quintela
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [PULL for-2.1 0/3] Last minute patches
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2014 14:59:26 +0200

Peter Maydell <address@hidden> wrote:
> On 25 July 2014 15:22, Paolo Bonzini <address@hidden> wrote:
>> Since Igor hasn't sent his patches, and I'm leaving the office, I pushed
>> this to
>>
>>    git://github.com/bonzini/qemu.git tags/for-upstream-full
>>
>> I don't know about tests/acpi-test-data/pc.  It makes sense that this
>> patch should modify something there, but:
>>
>> * "make check" passes
>>
>> * the test warns even before patch 1, for both the DSDT (modified by the
>> patch) and SSDT (which this series doesn't touch at all)
>>
>> * I cannot get it to pass, except by blindly copying the "actual" output
>> on the "expected" files
>>
>> * mst is on vacation and Marcel is off on Fridays
>>
>> Based on my understanding of the problem, it is not possible to fix the
>> bug without hacks like this one, and even reverting all patches in this
>> area would be more risky.
>
> Hmm. I'm not really sure what the right thing is, so what
> I'm planning to do is:
>  * just apply the qemu-char fix for now
>  * not tag -rc4 today
>  * see if things are clearer on Monday (I see Igor has now
>    sent out a patchset)
>  * tag -rc4 Mon or Tues
>  * slip the release date a few days (not a big deal, I think)

I am reading both patch-sets.

I preffer very much Paolo solution to Igor one.

But I have to say that I don't understand PATCH 1 (neither before or
after the change).  Solution does what we should do, that is generate
the size that destination is expecting, and no simply blindy accept
packages that are smaller.

The compatibility bits of PATCH2 look ok (that ones, I can kind of
understand them).

Igor?

Later, Juan.