qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [ANNOUNCE] QEMU 2.1.0 is now available

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [ANNOUNCE] QEMU 2.1.0 is now available
Date: Mon, 4 Aug 2014 14:37:12 +0100

On 4 August 2014 14:21, Mark Cave-Ayland <address@hidden> wrote:
> The only improvement I would like to see is for maintainers to try and
> regularly flush their patch queues where possible, to help prevent patchsets
> of over 100 emails being posted to the lists (naming no names in order to
> protect the innocent of course ;).

I'd like to encourage submaintainers to do this too -- my personal
rule of thumb is that 50 patches is the most a pullreq should ever
grow to, and that only in exceptional circumstances. This ought
to make your lives easier since there's less retesting you need to
do if I have to bounce a pullreq back for failure to compile and
you need to drop a patch from it.

thanks
-- PMM