qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Discrepancy representing slot IDs in query-memory-devices a

From: Mohammed Gamal
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Discrepancy representing slot IDs in query-memory-devices and query-acpi-ospm-status
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2014 12:39:57 +0200

Hi,

QMP command 'query-memory-devices' returns DIMM slots IDs as integers, while 'query-acpi-ospm-status' returns them as strings. Why is this the case? Aren't slot IDs numeric anyway?

I've looked up the ACPI specs but I can't find any specific mention of how DIMM IDs should be represented, so what's the reason for this design choice?

BR,
Mohammed