qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [question] qemu-2.0.0 difference between download from

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [question] qemu-2.0.0 difference between download from http://wiki.qemu.org/Download and download http://git.qemu.org/qemu.git
Date: Sat, 16 Aug 2014 19:01:25 +0100

On 16 August 2014 03:24, Zhang Haoyu <address@hidden> wrote:
> I download one copy of qemu-2.0.0 from http://wiki.qemu.org/Download,
> and then download another copy of qemu-2.0.0 from http://git.qemu.org/qemu.git

The latter of these is our git repository. pixman, dtc and roms are kept
in git submodules, and git will only populate those if you run
"git submodule update --init". For the release tarballs we include
the full contents including the submodules.

> I compared them, found that dtc, pixman, roms are missed in the latter.
> so If want to use qemu-2.0.1 to build my emulator,
> should I still add these external libs/sources (incorporated in the
> qemu-2.0.0 from http://wiki.qemu.org/Download) to qemu-2.0.1 to
> build the emulator?

No, just get the submodules via git if you need them. (dtc and pixman
are both optional, we will prefer system libraries if the distro you
are building on has them; if configure can't find them it will prompt
you to run the correct git command.)

thanks
-- PMM