qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Microcheckpointing: Memory-VCPU / Disk State consistenc

From: Paolo Bonzini
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Microcheckpointing: Memory-VCPU / Disk State consistency
Date: Sun, 17 Aug 2014 11:52:51 +0200

Il 11/08/2014 22:15, Michael R. Hines ha scritto:
> Excellent question: QEMU does have a feature called "drive-mirror"
> in block/mirror.c that was introduced a couple of years ago. I'm not
> sure what the
> adoption rate of the feature is, but I would start with that one.

block/mirror.c is asynchronous, and there's no support for communicating
checkpoints back to the master.  However, the quorum disk driver could
be what you need.

There's also a series on the mailing list that lets quorum read only
from the primary, so that quorum can still do replication and fault
tolerance, but skip fault detection.

Paolo