qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [PULL 00/24] Linux-user updates

From: Joakim Tjernlund
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [PULL 00/24] Linux-user updates
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2014 12:49:18 +0200

Riku Voipio <address@hidden> wrote on 2014/08/18 10:46:36:

> On 15 August 2014 20:49, Peter Maydell <address@hidden> wrote:
> > On 15 August 2014 12:01,  <address@hidden> wrote:
> >> A usual set of improvements and bugfixes. The binfmt flag addition is
an
> >> ABI break so endusers need to update their binfmt registering
scripts.

> > Ugh, really? I didn't realize that when I saw that patch
> > go past; I'd like to look at it in more detail before I
> > apply this, since "break everybody's working setup"
> > doesn't seem like a great idea...
>
> Ok, I think Joakim's patch can be adjusted so that it continues to
> work as-is with
> current binfmt registrations that don't have "P" set. Meanwhile, I'll
> drop the patch from this round and re-submit the current linux-user
> que without it.

ouch, this was a surprise this late in the game. I don't see how you are
going to modify my patch to not need P flag, can you elaborate?

The current binfmt is semibroken as is, for some it works when adding O
flag but
not all apps is happy with that. I think my patch is the best way solve
this problem,
all one have to do is to update the binfmt registering(mostly a dist.
problem) then it
will work for all uses.

 Jocke