qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [V9fs-developer] QEMU dies on any attempt to load a Lin

From: Dominique Martinet
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [V9fs-developer] QEMU dies on any attempt to load a Linux kernel module when using a 9P rootfs
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2014 14:49:06 +0200

Hi,

Christopher Covington wrote on Fri, Aug 22, 2014 at 08:37:52AM -0400:
> Thanks for the pointer to this patch. I think I started this kernel half way
> through the 3.16 merge window. The last non-cherry-picked patch I have is:
>
> commit 6d87c225f5d82d29243dc124f1ffcbb0e14ec358
>
> So I do have the change you pointed out. Nevertheless, I'll reconfirm with the
> latest torvalds/master.

Right, so you already do have it. I don't think there's been anything
else 9P related recently, so it probably will not help much -- sorry for
blindly assuming it would be this.

Actually reading the error message now, "no channels available" is
printed when virtio doesn't find any match in device name so it would
look like the mount name doesn't match maybe?

Could we get your exact qemu command line to confirm? (the name that
needs to match is /dev/root here, used for booting as root= and for qemu
as mount_tag)

--
Dominique