qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] qcow2, lazy_refcounts and killing qemu

From: Richard W.M. Jones
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] qcow2, lazy_refcounts and killing qemu
Date: Mon, 1 Sep 2014 14:07:00 +0100

On Mon, Sep 01, 2014 at 02:41:02PM +0200, Greg Kurz wrote:
> On Sat, 30 Aug 2014 15:53:13 +0100
> "Richard W.M. Jones" <address@hidden> wrote:
> > I can reproduce this easily, although of course the reproducer will
> > involve libguestfs.
> >
> > Rich.
> >

> Can you share this reproducer ?

The immediate reproducer (not very useful for you) is virt-v2v, if you
enable lazy_refcounts by hacking the call to qemu-img here:

https://github.com/libguestfs/libguestfs/blob/master/v2v/v2v.ml#L102

I'll try to come up with an actual reproducer, but I stress it's still
going to use libguestfs because that's the only sane way to run qemu
for the purposes of this test.

Rich.

http://libguestfs.org/virt-v2v